Friday, September 19, 2008

Shopping for Tamar

Last summer holiday I brought some boxes of fresh tamar from here. Some are red and some are yellow. Really fresh from trees!! Even I got a long flight almost 7 hours from Oman to Malaysia but all the Tamar were still in very good condition and fresh.

The people here like to eat Tamar that is half ripe and its called 'Ratap'. I am not sure the right spelling of this. But the sound like that. When I brought back home some of the 'ratap' my family was so excited with that. Yeah, this was the first time we ate the fresh tamar from tree. Usually just bought from the market and the best one in Malaysia is Yusof Taiyop. Am I right? Hehhehe..

Well, this time for the Eid holiday, Insyaallah will bring back home some of the fresh tamar from here. Early in the morning today went to market to buy tamar and I am looking for the tamar and wanted to buy the tamar in the bunch. Guess what it is so expensive.. RO4 for a bunch of that compared to last week we asked it was only RO1-2 only. Today I bring my camera to take a picture of the market here and may be the sellers think that we are foreigners and visitor and there is possibility the giving us the high price. Menyampah tau!!!

I changed my mind not to buy now and wanted to wait 2..3 days before I am leaving. Insyaallah will find a good one later.



Three bunches of fresh tamar and each of bunch cost RO4



Vegetables area and look at the man in black. That is the place where I got my veggies most of the time. Always got good price with that man. Uuu la la.. Please ignore that man butt ;))



Look at the yellow tamar.. yummy .. yummy. Very sweet yellow tamar




Red Tamar... Look at the yellow tamar. I guess yellow tamar is selling fast



Sexy nyerr pak cik.. Auww!!



Dried Tamar in the big plastic bag.. Im not looking for these... ;(( Too bad




A group of sellers who are selling goats. They are waiting for the buyer while gossiping.. hhihi



Look at the goats.. Bulunya cantek skali kan?? Geram tul..



A lorry of white goats. Theyare so handsome.. waseem!!



Close up skit.. see..see.. Handsome kan? kan? Gebu2 jerr...

No comments: