Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Beauty of Sur

Sur? Yes, its the place where Im staying right now. Its a small town yet very beautiful. Its 2 hours journey from the capital of Oman, Muscat. The new road is going to be ready soon. Unlike previously, when I arrived here the journey fr Muscat -Sur, its about 3 1/2 hours.

Sur is also known as fisherman town coz its by the sea. Ikan kat sini fresh2 tau. Not only that.. squids, crab and prawns are also good. Slalunya ikan laa fresh and murah2. Crab pun manis2. Tu yang suka berbbq kat sini. Sometimes makan pun ikan yg x penah jumpa kat Malaysia tau. Ikan yang lawa2.. cantik2 berkaler2 I makan kat sini tau. But of course not ikan emas weh.. Ikan yg x tahu namanya and of course laa yang bleh dimakan.

Wanna share some of the pictures taken while I was bored.. banyak keje tp bila stress sangat ambik laa gamba2 utk menenangkan otak yang kusut. By the way, I took these pictures with my new SLR. It turned out very nice... Betul laa Ayu, bila ambik dgn SLR ni gamba jadi lawa laa kan.. kalau tahu teknik2 lagi laa lawakan. Im still beginner in this.. im slowly learning on these.




I like this picture so much. I took it thru "jari-jemari" my balcony of my kitchen. Lawakan laut tu.. Sun rise, I guess it was at 5.30 am.



Yang ni pun from my kitchen balcony.. tu nampak laut kan? It is just behind my house. Bestkan? tenang jer bila nampak laut. On the right, building yg x siap2. Just next to my apartment. Since I came till now, no progress at all. Cam tu laa... and usually mlm2 ramai orang kat tepi laut ni main card( daun terup). Told you their people are so relax. Playing cards is one of night entertainment for them. Dalam2 gelap tu.. Lampu jalan is bright enough for them.



This is the place called Al Aljah.. kat sini ader menara and gamba menara x de... hahahah.. the menara is actually the landmark of Sur. Kalau sesapa dtg sini, tempat ni laa kitaorg akan bawak.. and from here you can see the whole of Sur. Tengok laa tu, fisherman diaorg pakai jubah putih ( dishdash) which is formal dress for men. Imagine laa kalau kita kat Msia, fisherman pegi laut pakai baju melayu with sampin. Lawak kan?



The view from the menara.. Nice view.. Really I feel relax..



Guess what.. kat sini most of the building and houses are painted in white. Its kinda rule here that they must paint in white. I hardly see other colors. Im not sure how true is this but it seems all of them are in white.. not even yellowish or peach.. Sure cat warna lain x de jual kat sini kan? Kalau ader pun sure x laku kan?



Still in the menara.. that was during the sunset... cantik kan?



Ni dah nak dekat sunset..



Look at that.. sunset. with the background of mountain. Macam lukis2 kan. Masyaallah.. Kebesaran Allah Pencipta

8 comments:

Nur said...

cantik nya!!

subhanAllah...insyaAllah nak datang oman satu hari nanti...

aiSyaLiciOus said...

sis~!! seyesly soo la cntik..terkaku i seketika even just looked at these pic..wah~!! dah la behind laut je..wah~!! syok nyer..suker2..alhamdulillah,atleast miss nur dah pon merase tinggal kat negara org kan..i hope i can be like u sis~!!

NuR said...

fakhzan marwan: You are most welcome here. Will be waiting for you ;))

NuR said...

aisyalicious: Insyaallah you will. Always pray for u .. Be better than me. Thats for sure right? ;))

Anonymous said...

what a nice shoot!!

Anonymous said...

Assalamualikum sis,

really like you blog..wish to go to oman someday..kat oman mahal x cost of living at sane?currency dia mcm mane yea?

best wishes from morocco,
Sheera..

Anonymous said...

*your

NuR said...

Waalaikumusalam my aka sheera: Insyaallah, you will ;)). While im still here, you are most welcome. Living cost here is not very high compared to UAE and Kuwait and other Arab countries I believed. What more if ur staying in Sur (small town). Hehehe... currency approximately RM10=Rial Oman 1... but now its going down coz of USD.