Saturday, March 15, 2008

Worth Waiting

Alhamdulillah... Been so grateful to Allah today.. At last it is worth for me to wait for almost 3 months. Waiting to get my driving license. I got mixed feeling today (happy+sad+grateful+speechless) after getting my driving license.

A month after I arrived here, I been told that Msian license can be converted with Oman license. It was a long procedure. I need to fill the form fr the police station, then got approval letter fr the college, need to take blood, need to fill the form by sending to the shop coz they will typed it for you. Well.. it was really a long procedure. The administration man in my college met a high position man in the police station and he called several people and at last he said nope, we can converted the license..Well, it was frustrated at that moment and Im planning to sit for the test.


This is my new driving license
Left: front
Right: back


The most difficult thing here is sitting for the driving test. I asked a few people around (of course foreigners) about the test and most of them took not less than 5 times ..yeah only for the test!!! Crazy isnt it?? Thats the only way the police got the money I believed. Well each time you set for the test you need to pay for RO5 and not including you pay for the class. Well... adding it all up, we end up at least RO100,200 or more...just for to get the license. So laa terukkan.. cam laa bagus sgt org2 dia bwk kete...sabor jerr laaa

Nak jadikan citer, I went to the seminar in Muscat last February with my parent coz we got an invitation fr our ambassador here. In the seminar when i was having my lunch, one Omani guy came next to me and we had a good talk. He is currently studying in Msia doing his masters and he is a nice guy. He has cousin staying in Sur (my place) and we exchanged emails and phone number.

He did email and asked if we ( my friend and I) need any help. Unintentionally, we asked for the driving license in case that he knew anybody that help us in this matter even we knew we cant converted it. He knew somebody "big man" here who is working in Ministry of Higher Education and he helped us out.

We only cross our fingers...if really ada rezeki, for sure kitaorg dpt laa lesen tu if not it is ok...But, Allah really love me ... at last after waiting for so long ...today I got my driving license... Alhamdulillah... Ya Allah... Hambamu ini amatlah bersyukur dgn kurniaanmu Ya Allah...

Since while, im always walking to go there and here... yeah, I know it is good for exercise.. My biggest problem is for the class. As told you guys, I got 8 o'clock class everyday and my taxi driver is always late.. and now with the license I believed it can solved the problem. Insyaallah, will thinking to rent it the car first and kalau ada rezeki after summer will think bout buying the car.

Guess what, my eyes are watering after I hold the license. Im so grateful...really ...Only God knows that... Arrived in the police station aroun 11.40am and been waiting for the man abt 15 minutes and at nearly 1 im done with the license. I paid RO20 for the license and it is valid till 2018...ello 2018 ..10 YEARS??? WOW...kat Msia pun x bagi sampai cam ni skali kan?? Even that man also surprised the police gives us 10 years. I believed I behaved so nice...keep smiling to them and make them melted...hehehhe...


Look at properly, its 10 years!!! Alhamdulillah...


While waiting for the license to finish, I managed to take these pictures... So laa keboringan...nervous too.. coz wasnt sure can do it or not.



Omani busy at the counter for the license ( x de laa ramai sgt kan..)

Alhamdulillah...semuanya terjawab... right after done with the license, we went to eat at New Sur Restaurant. Konon-kononnya nak meraikan kesyukuran.. Makan nasi briyani lauk ayam goreng...so laa sedap.. Tapi so laa byk giler2...sampai x abis makan. Tapi abiskan makan ayam sajee....x baik membazir.. x plan pun..kebetulan p bayar internet kat Souq and singgah for our lunch. Lapar and dahaga coz today so laa panas.



Left: Sebelum dimakan
Right: Selepas dimakan (ayam abis ok.. x baik x abis..nasi byk sgt laa...)

Be grateful not only celebrate with having a good lunch and good food but also with "Solat Sujud Syukur". Alhamdulillah...

No comments: