NIK, NIQ, NICK, NIT
Muahahaha....funny..funny...very funny..
Can you guess what is the title refer to? Yeah...thats my name... Since when I was at secondary school in KT, people called me 'Nik' and till im in college and at the workplace. Back in KB last time, I been called by my second name...why? coz there many people named by 'Nik"...
Well,when i arrived here in Oman...I introduced myself as 'Nik..easy for them to remember and pronounce.. I hate people mispronounce my name. It seems ok till one day which was before the semester starts here..early Feb., I met one lady named Dr. F at the office. At first I thought she's Omani but actually she's Syrian. I met her before but didnt have chance to talk.
One day, she greeted me and my friend and invited us to come to her room the next day. The next day, my friend and i went to her room and we had a good chat. Firstly, my friend introduced her name which is Sharifah..and she was so impressed coz that is Arab's name and my turn to introduce my name.
"I'm NiK"...
" NiK?...with the strange face... and im not sure how is she pronounce but it sounds 'NiK'.
" Yeah... i spelled my name...N...I...K..
" What? It is not a good name!! with some kind of look to me..
" Really? What is that means? ...at the time, im confused, my face turned red...hehhehe
"Means sex..u know between man and woman. not good"
" Really? wow... I didnt know that and nobody tell me abt that" with ashamed face...
"I told you coz I know nobody will tell u this and I tell you coz Im my friend. Do you have any other name?"
"My full name is .... I think it is better to call me Nur then"
"Yeah..good...good... better change if not your students will laugh at you"
Well, I did thank her of telling me that. Really...At the same time, I will ashamed. She is so honest and for me what is the big deal!! Personally, i kinda mad..coz thats name..but now I accept it the way it is here.. So some of the people here callled me 'Nik' and some call me Nur. All of my students called me Ms Nur. Hahhaha...feel funny right..
In the class today, one of my student (boy) called me Ms Nik. I was so shocked!!
"Mmmmm...why u called me Nik?"
"Ms... ur name Nik or Nur?
" Both.. but I prefer you to call me Ms Nur"
"Ok... with smiling face -- bleh tahan jgk hensem budak ni, heheh (sempat lagi tu)
"Why? Anything wrong?"
"Nothing...hehehhe"
"Well, I know 'Nik' is not the good meaning, am i right?"
"Mmmm... not really.. and he's pause (thinking)...may be only for Omani..but its yourname..we dont have to think abt other things"
"No problem... just call me Ms Nur okey...
"Ok...but Ms.. different pronunciation... dont bother what people say and how do you know that is the meaning?"
"i know it fr one of the lecturer here"
"Its ok Ms...nothing...ok..ok.."
This boy is a good boy. He really know how to handle this very well. What I'm trying to tell you here is he knows the meaning but still he tried not to hurt my feeling and say it, explained to me clearly.. Good job boy!!
For sure some of Omani people (mostly the staff) that knew my name and called me 'NIK' will remember my name forever. When the thinking about sex..they will think of me!! Hahahhaha.... crazy.....hehehheheh
Talking about names, I have students named by "Ghairah" back in Msia before... okey jerr...x de pe pe pun... yelah.. He is so that "Ghairah or menghairahkan pun?" really...He is a good and nice man.
Alah...after all it is just a name.. I feel good with what they called me now..Ms Nur..Ms Nur... hahahhah...lawak kan? ... dulu...Ms Nik...Ms Nik... Yeah.. I need to suit myself with the environment here right!!
No comments:
Post a Comment